New Year is the start of many resolutions people have set for themselves. Getting in shape, smoking/drinking less, getting married, promotion in the workplace etc. are some of the common ones. If you are an avid traveler, you’ve probably decided which destinations you would add to your travel bucket list this year, and for how long you would stay there. While planning and making arrangements for your trip in advance is admirable, go through these travel resolutions that will make each and every trip more enjoyable and meaningful.
- More uploads in the brain and less on the net - Learn to just live in the moment. Taking photos to make memories is great, but uploading them that very instance is unnecessary. You are traveling to explore and learn new things. Leave the undoubtedly useful devices aside for some time and be awe-struck with what surrounds you!
- No, I, Me and Myself – Help others as much as you can, give as much as you can. Go out of your way to someone else. You are on a vacation to enjoy yourself, do not let your humanity go on a vacation as well.
- Overcome a fear – Everybody is afraid of something, even if they say they are not! It is not our place to point fingers at anyone. Introspect and truly understand your fear, choose the best place to face them head on and go for it. Be it Bungee jumping, mountain climbing or swimming in the ocean in one of many beaches our country’s coastline has to offer, face your fears and overcome them one step at a time.
- Lose those inches – For an entirely different reason altogether. As you travel more and more, chances are that space available in the local transport services becomes narrower! Why do you want to be wide and miss out on the interactions with the local population, sharing your experiences and gaining firsthand knowledge of the place you are visiting.
- Don’t just stick to clichés – Anyone who travels a lot will tell you, places that are famous are just amazing but places that have lost the limelight are equally jaw-dropping if not more. Explore and truly define and understand the essence of ‘Wanderlust’. Find yourself in the unknown and become a better person in general.
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan – Let us join hands with our honorable PM in his mission to keep the country clean. Carry your garbage with you and dispose them off properly without harming the natural beauty of a place. Travel more like this Indian when you travel internationally as well and set an example for others.
- Travel light – Lastly but surely one very important resolution everybody needs to take is to travel light. Exploring, conquering your fears, traveling in cramped buses with locals etc. will not be easy if you pack like you are going to Milan for a fashion week. Take only the essentials and dive into the moment will all your energy and heart!